Friday, July 22, 2011

RONNIE FIEG X ASICS

Now everybody knows my relationship with Nike Sportswear and that I am a die hard Nikehead. But before all that I am a lover of dope sneakers regardless of brand and if I wasnt then that would just make me a poser.

With that being said its every so once in a while that a sneaker comes along and makes you say  "Damn...I wish my team made that". The Asics Gel Lite III "Leatherback" is that shoe for me right now. Another stellar design piece by Ronnie Fieg a long time collaborator with the brand, highly influential figure in the sneaker community and by all accounts an all round nice guy. I remember when I got put onto these collabs a while back and it reminded me that my dad was heavy into Asics when I was a young youngin and then threw out all the boxes in our garage marked "old shoes" to try and find his old joints but to no avail *sigh*.

Simple, subtle and classy is how I would sum up the shoe but I'll let the pics do the talking...












No comments:

Post a Comment