Tuesday, October 3, 2017

NEVER NOT LEARNING

For the past 7 years this blog has mostly been about sneakers, fashion and music because those are the things that literally saved my life. I started this space to share new and different things within those fields but I think it's time I add another dimension to this. People often ask me "what do you do?" or "what did you study?" and my answer to both is always the same, "I'm an observer of life". I was fortunate enough to realize early in life that I'm actually not really talented or gifted at anything. I never won awards or achieved much in my youth (there were no swag awards in those times), I couldn't even type a CV to get a part time job but I was street smart in a way which made me realize that if I wanted to get anywhere in life I had to out hustle the competition. Often, being talented or gifted can be a hinderance to reaching your full potential I learnt the power of being legitimately the smartest guy in the room. This sounds a lot harder than it actually is. When learning your craft, put yourself in situations where you are able to soak up game, the art of ear hustling. ALWAYS STAY LEARNING. You can get yourself an unofficial Harvard education via social media if you follow the right people. This will only make sense if you yourself have an end game for yourself. Having no end game will just have flip flopping between "motivational" quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment