Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Late Night Career Pointers

I think I'll start dropping some knowledge from my career in marketing and advertising on this blog as much as I can. I know I could probably get a fancy .com address but I'm going to do it here because I started this thing when I was student so I'll use it as a marketing professional.

This marketing industry will have you fooled into thinking it's all glamour, travel, celebs, athletes, artists & parties all the time. It's fucking work. Behind those IG stories and champagne flutes are stressed out, emotionally burnt out people that hustle. If you see me on a plane or at an event there's 99% chance I'm tense AF because I take success very personally. I say all that to say this, if you're not willing to sacrifice your personal time and relationships then this lifestyle/entertainment/marketing life is not for you.

If you're at varsity or trying to break into the industry then my advice to you is go work for agency. Never go corporate or brand side first. A 5 year stint at agency will show you pressure, stress and hell but will be so rewarding in the end. It'll make client side feel like a cake walk.

Today's kicks


No comments:

Post a Comment