Monday, September 13, 2021

CHECK IN 2021

You know what this is. By that I mean it’s my annual visit to my corner of the interest where I come talk myself. This place is the place where I started my transition from just a regular Cape Town kid with a love of fashion into the world digital marketing and a formal career in my field of interest. I guess it saved me in a way because it could’ve gone all so wrong had I not found this platform. It’s been so important to my life I made a promise to update at least once a year (even if nobody reds it haha) and in this crazy messed up time of uncertainty and self doubt, it’s the one promise I know I can keep. I guess 11 years later it’s sort of saving me in its own way. Life.

As I move on in my career and life, I’ve been invited to give industry talks and guest lectures about my work and journey I always find myself talking about this page. Crazy to realize that the more I move on the more I’m reminded and pulled back here. Life.

2021 has been the most challenging year, all round, for me. I went back to school, facilitated colabs between African creatives and a giant sneaker company and lost loved ones.Highest of highs and lowest lows but sometimes you gotta remind yourself to smell the roses.

I


.


No comments:

Post a Comment